*DISCLAIMER. I'm about to write something that is not any of the following:
- a business plan
- syllables on an a cappella arrangement
- fewer than 140 characters
- a bullet point on a resume
- a cover letter
Here is a collection of thoughts:
- I'd like to address the fact that I haven't written anything here since July. I would apologize, but it wasn't until I'd seen another blogger apologize for their absence that I realized how presumptuous that is: "I know you were waiting at the edge of your seat, biting your nails in anticipation for my next post." Fuck that. Instead, I'll take a moment to tell you all how appreciative I am that any of you all take the time to read my blog when I find the time to write in it. I'll continue to try and keep shit real and at least marginally entertaining.
- This blog doesn't have enough cat photos. I feel like I'm failing at internet because I haven't been posting enough cat photos. I'll have to take more pictures of cats and post them here when I remember. This means that in 4 months you might see a cat picture here.
- I haven't been taking enough trips to Target. I used to spend so much time and money at Target. Tonight, I went to Target and I bought a bunch of shit I actually do need. It was not anywhere near as much fun and I didn't even stop to feel all the soft and fuzzy items in the store.
- I haven't bought anything off of Craigslist in over a year. I need to spice up my life with used furniture and stranger danger (of the non-catcall variety) soon. Part of the charm of my household is the random shit I bring in here. I feel like I haven't brought in anything "new" in far too long.
- Why the fuck are articles on Thought Catalog so angsty? The better question is why the hell do I still keep clicking on them when I see them on Facebook? It's not like I don't know what I'm about to read (ANGSTangstAnGSt). I enjoy them anyway. This may warrant an entire post at a future date (a post that I make no promises that I'll ever have the time to write).
- Job-hunting is tough. I managed to find work at the height of the great recession with just a bachelor's. It wasn't easy. Now that I am 6 months away from an MBA, I would have thought it would be at least slightly less of a challenge. Nope.
- I almost forgot what it was like to have interests. It is easy to lose sight of the things you enjoy doing in your spare time when you stop having spare time.
- Tangent: WHY DO SO MANY PEOPLE MISSPELL THE WORD "LOSE" AS "LOOSE?!" Those words do not mean the same thing. ARGH.
- Slow-cookers are amazing kitchen appliances. I have been utilizing my slow-cooker more frequently in the last year and I don't know why I didn't start using one sooner. Cooking is so easy when all you have to do is dump a bunch of ingredients into an appliance, put a lid on it, go to sleep, and wake up to a finished meal that's ready to pack into a lunch box. It's simply brilliant. I'm hoping I can post one of the recipes I created at some point - I don't write stuff down so I'll have to try and remember to do that next time I make one of them.